Acupuncture is a facet of therapy that can be used to treat a range of acute and chronic conditions.
As physiotherapists, we are experienced in musculoskeletal acupuncture using either dry needling or traditional techniques. This may involve the treatment of affected muscles and/or fascia in order to improve pain levels, joint range of motion, swelling and muscle relaxation. Acupuncture is best used in combination with other physiotherapy techniques.
Conditions We Treat With Acupuncture Include:
- Back and neck pain from joint or muscular origin
- Muscle or ligament strains and sprains
- Joint pain such as arthritis
- Headaches or migraines
- Numbness, nerve pain (eg sciatica)
- Recovery from surgery
Acupuncture Available At Performance Rehab:
- Dry needling/trigger point
- Traditional Chinese